Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wailing in Wally

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wailing in Wally

    My daughter and I went to Wally shopping tonight and were there for well over an hour . At no time was there not a squalling kid somewhere within earshot . There were wailers , squallers , bawlers , screechers and howlers , not to mention downright banshee shriekers . Everytime one would cease and desist another would start as if by some unseen secretly established pecking order . That was the most nervewracking shopping I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing . Do people take their kids to Wally just to let them scream themselves out before going home ? Kids cry , I get that , but tonight must have been a full moon or something because they were in rare form . Is it just me or my local Wally or do you guys see this too ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    Yep, that's how it is. Also take into factor it's still around the first of the month, and we know everyone comes out around the first of the month.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    Ah yes the "I hear my kid scream so much I tune him out" syndrome.

    Reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where they're at a restaurant. The kid in the next table over is screaming and the parents tune him out. I can't remember if it's Brian or Stewie, but one of them leans over and starts screaming at the parents:
    "WAH WAH WAH how do you like that WAH WAH can't tune that out can you WAAAH WAHHHHH WAAAAAHHHHH how do you like that WAAHHHHH" I feel the same way. If there's a screamer I can't get away from I usually force eye contact with the offending parent.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    I think Wal Mart is going to be one of the 7 layers of hell.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    [ QUOTE ]
    I think Wal Mart is going to be one of the 7 layers of hell.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    The other six consisting of guacamole, ground beef, salsa verde, sour cream, cheese, and refried beans?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    You eat at Lil Mexico again? Did you get that big log burrito like I got? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    [ QUOTE ]
    You eat at Lil Mexico again? Did you get that big log burrito like I got? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]


    [/ QUOTE ]

    No, I am not man enough for that enormous concoction.

    But yes, I eat at Little Mexico at least twice a month. Nothing like the carne asada or pollo loco.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    MMMMMMMMM...Pollo fundido.

    homer drooling
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    [ QUOTE ]
    My daughter and I went to Wally shopping tonight and were there for well over an hour . At no time was there not a squalling kid somewhere within earshot . There were wailers , squallers , bawlers , screechers and howlers , not to mention downright banshee shriekers . Everytime one would cease and desist another would start as if by some unseen secretly established pecking order . That was the most nervewracking shopping I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing . Do people take their kids to Wally just to let them scream themselves out before going home ? Kids cry , I get that , but tonight must have been a full moon or something because they were in rare form . Is it just me or my local Wally or do you guys see this too ?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It isn't just Wal Mart. Grocery stores, etc. are all full of crying, snot-nosed kids.

    Then you've got the kids at Food City who get the tiny carts and race them around like they're all alone. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wailing in Wally

    First of all, this whole thread completely cracked me up. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Secondly, I'm always a nervous wreck when I go to Walmart unless it's 1:00 a.m. That place freaks me out and causes panic attacks.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •